NOTE: We will not have a transfer application process for the 2019 cycle.
The School of Medicine and Health Sciences will only accept transfer applicants from accredited U.S. or Canadian allopathic medical schools for third year standing. We will not accept applications from students attending foreign medical schools or osteopathic programs.
The number of third-year positions varies from year to year. Some years there will be no availability. We will be sure to communicate above if we will be accepting applications for any given cycle.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a U.S. or Canadian citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- Must have completed a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. or Canadian college or university
- Must have completed eight semester hours (six lecture and two labs) in each of the following fields: biology, physics, general chemistry, and organic chemistry; six semester hours of English; and three semester hours of Social/Behavioral Science coursework.
- Must be in good standing and be eligible to reenter medical school, if your education has been interrupted. If you cannot meet this requirement, we cannot accept your application for transfer.
- Must provide Dean of Student Affairs letters of good standing.
For full information, please see the "Detailed Guidelines and Application Information" located on the right-hand sidebar along with the application. Materials may be submitted to our office at any time approaching our deadline of February 1st. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. A small number of applicants may be offered interviews.
How to Apply for Transfer
Please review the information on eligibility, general requirements, other documentation required, and the review and admissions processes.
If you still have questions, after reviewing the materials presented here, please contact us at email@example.com.