About the Guaranteed Admission Agreements
The GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences is establishing guaranteed admission agreements with local community colleges to provide students with an associate degree the opportunity to earn a Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (BSHS) or Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences and Master of Science in Health Sciences (BSHS/MSHS) dual degree through an established GW Health Sciences program.
General Admission Requirements and Eligibility
(Check the agreement for your institution to determine specific eligibility.)
- Completion of an applicable associate degree from a partner community college.
- Graduated with a cumulative GPA in the applicable associate degree of 2.75 or greater.
- Completed each transferable coursework with a grade of C or higher. If a course is repeated, only the higher grade will count.
- Completed GW application process.
- Students applying to BSHS/MSHS dual degree programs must have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or greater.
The BSHS degree requires the successful completion of 120 credit hours. General education courses are required and must be completed as part of or in addition to the associate degree before enrolling at GW. General Education courses includes:
- 6 credits in English composition;
- 3 credits in humanities;
- 3 credits in college math (college algebra, statistics, or higher)
- 6 credits in social sciences
- 4 credits of natural or physical science with lab
- Advanced Standing and Electives (Taken as part of a completed associate’s degree)
- Health Sciences (Minimum 60 credit hours taken at GW)