Resident Updates (June 2019):
1. New Housestaff Council Leadershp has been chosen, please see here.
2. Mamava breastfeeding pods are now available on the 1st and 4th floors for lactating mothers. Download the Mamava app for access!
3. The meal ticket policy has been updated. Please see it here:
You may also view all GW GME policies here.
4. Call rooms: please call housekeeping at the number provided to have your room cleaned. If they do not clean your room and you need to escalate the situation, please tigertext EVS manager Dennis Ray.
White Coat Cleaning
In order to provide better service to you, GW Hospital has changed the vendor we partner with for the cleaning and pressing of white coats. With our new vendor, coats will be available for pick up 48 hours after drop off. Here is the process for having your white coats cleaned:
- Drop off your coat at Environmental Services (EVS) located in the basement.
- In two days, clean coats will be hung and labeled with the date outside of EVS.
- Coats that are not picked up within 30 days of cleaning will be stored.
About the Housestaff Council
The Housestaff Council looks to the following rules to guide future projects and actions.
1. This is a council of collaboration and respect, all members will approach others with an open mind and the utmost professionalism.
2. We will advance the quality of GW residency programs in wellness, clinical quality, healthcare information technology and all other aspects of clinical medicine and non-clinical residency life.
3. We will foster collaboration among residents, fellows, specialties, and hospital committees in order to reduce task duplication, increasing productivity and advocate effectively towards our common goals.
The Housestaff Council meets quarterly. Attendance is limited to members nominated and selected to the Housestaff Council. Representatives are elected yearly. Your leadership can be seen here. Please email our leadership if you would like to get involved to find out who your specialty’s representative is. You may see our bylaws for more details here.