The Office of Graduate Medical Education serves to support residents throughout their training programs at GW SMHS, and this site provides detailed information, resources, policies, and support for current residents at all stages of their training programs. Please use the links to the left to find the resources you need, and feel free to contact us with questions or concerns you have regarding your training program.
If you are a prospective resident, GW offers a wide array of diverse, cutting-edge, and comprehensive training programs at the GW Hospital, the GW Medical Faculty Associates, and Children’s National Health System. More information about our programs can be found below.
Looking For a Resident?
Visit the Resident Directory
Office of Graduate Medical Education
The George Washington University
School of Medicine and Health Sciences
2300 Eye Street, NW, Suite 718
Washington, DC 20037
Office hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Mental Health Resources
- Mental Health Counseling
- Talkspace Instructions (Please read instructions before clicking the link to Talkspace Portal - Talkspace Portal
Suicide Prevention – 202-994-5300 (press option 2)
Related Information in MedHub
Helpful Links for Residents
- COVID Testing, Reporting, Contact Tracing Information
- Inclement Weather Policy
- GW Resiliency & Well-being Center
- Foggy Bottom Campus Maps
- DC Board of Medicine
- ACGME Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Needlestick/Occupational Exposures (including COVID-19 exposures) - Procedures and Reporting
- GW SMHS Anti-Racism Coalition (ARC)