Health Sciences Spring 2020 Semester Important Dates and Course Drop Refund Schedule
For the University course drop refund schedule, please see the Registrar’s webpage.
- A student can add or drop classes without penalty until 11:59 PM EST on the Sunday before classes start. Any changes to registration after this deadline will incur a penalty.
- On-campus or online courses dropped prior to the start of the semester (before the first day of classes) will have 100% of the tuition charges cancelled. You may need to petition for a leave of absence to maintain an active student status. Explore the continuous enrollment policy.
- Courses dropped once the semester starts are subject to the university refund schedule, which governs the prorated cancellation of semester tuition charges in cases of program adjustment or withdrawal. Students in 15-week courses may drop their courses through the end of the fourth week of classes without academic penalty.
- After the fourth week of classes, a dropped course in a 15-week course is considered a withdrawal and a notation of 'W' will appear on the transcript. Students may withdraw from a 15-week course through the end of the tenth week of classes. Withdrawals after the tenth week of classes require a petition to the Health Sciences Dean's Office.
- Due to the structure of the Graduate Certificate in INTM program, the MSHS in CRA, EMSL, HCQ, INTM and RAFF 8-week programs, and the BSHS 8-week programs, students are subject to an accelerated university refund schedule, which governs the prorated cancellation of semester tuition charges in cases of program adjustment or withdrawal.
- Please note that all deadlines are based on Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medicine Students: Access the program-specific drop/refund schedule for 2019-20.