The School of Medicine and Health Sciences welcomes all visitors, including prospective students, residents, faculty, staff, family, friends, and alumni. SMHS is located in the Foggy Bottom area of Washington, D.C. Once here, an array of affordable lodging and dining options are located within walking distance of the University. We invite you to explore our campus and experience first-hand the vibrancy and significance of our location and campus environment.
2300 I St., NW
Washington, D.C. 20037
The links below are helpful for finding your way to GW and enjoying your stay while in Washington, DC.
You can park in the University Parking Garage (in Science and Engineering Hall). More information on location and fees can be found by visiting the GW Business Services website.
- From North: Route 95 South to Route 495 West (toward Silver Spring) to Route 355 South (which becomes Wisconsin Avenue). Then follow directions as given in "From Northwest" below.
- From Northwest: Route 270 feeds into Route 355 (which becomes Wisconsin Avenue). Proceed on Wisconsin, bearing left onto Massachusetts Avenue NW after Massachusetts crosses Wisconsin. Continue on Massachusetts until 21st Street NW. Turn right on 21st Street and continue to intersection with Eye Street. Turn right and continue to 23rd Street.
- From West: Take 66 East over the Roosevelt Bridge Follow signs for E Street. Turn left onto 23rd Street. Continue to Eye Street NW.
- From South: Route 395 North to Arlington Memorial Bridge, bear left at the Lincoln Memorial, turn left on 23rd Street NW, and continue a few blocks to Eye Street NW.
- When arriving at Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) or Union Station (Amtrak), take the Metro Rail (subway) to the Foggy Bottom-GWU Station at 23rd and Eye Streets NW. Reagan National and Union Station are approximately 15-20 minutes from campus.
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) is approximately 45 minutes from campus. For information visit the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority website.
- Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI) is approximately 60 minutes from campus. For information visit BWI's website.
- SuperShuttle offers service to and from all three area airports. To arrange service, reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance by calling 1-800-BLUE-VAN (1-800-258-3826) or online at SuperShuttle's website.
- The Foggy Bottom-GWU Metro subway station is located on campus, immediately between Ross Hall and the GW Hospital. Both Blue and Orange lines stop there. For information and maps visit the WMATA website.
Where to Stay
**Please mention when making your reservation that you are visiting the GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences for possible special rates.
Virginia Science & Technology Campus
The GW Virginia Science and Technology Campus is situated in the heart of Northern Virginia's technology corridor, an area known as an international leader in research, technological, and development oriented companies. Home to GW's Pharmac ogenomics program, the campus boasts cutting-edge educational facilities that give its students a decided edge. Near to Dulles International Airport, the campus is easily accessible via car or shuttle from the Foggy Bottom Campus.
Research 1 / Exploration Hall
20101 Academic Way, Room 232
Ashburn, VA 20147