The Resident Quality Improvement Committee (ResQIC) is now accepting case referrals. The ResQIC is a subcommittee of the GW Hospital Peer Review Committee.
- To improve communication between residents and departments
- To foster a safe environment for residents and fellows to discuss medical outcomes and difficult medical decisions
- To educate residents and fellows about risk management, adverse event reporting, professionalism standards, communication errors, case review
- To identify systems problems and effect systems changes
Case Referral Sources:
- Medical Staff Quality Improvement Committee (MSQIC)
- Hospital risk management/medical director
- Residents/Fellows (in person or via email)
- Nursing Staff
- Program Directors, Medical Director, or other providers
The ResQIC reviews cases where further discussion or investigation of the involvement of a resident or fellow is warranted. This may include but is not limited to concerns regarding ethics, professionalism, standards of care, patient safety, or adverse outcomes. If you have a case that you would like to discuss with or refer to the Resident Quality Improvement Committee, or if you have questions about our review process, please contact: email@example.com
Resident Quality Improvement Committee membership goal:
- 1 or more residents from each residency program
- Faculty Advisor (also Chair of MSQIC)
- MSQIC representative administrators
All resident members are selected by peers and approved by residency program directors.
Internal Medicine Resident, PGY-3
Gregory Piech, MD, Internal Medicine Resident, PGY-3
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org If you are interested in serving on the committee, please include your name, program/department, post-graduate year, and best contact information.
Thank you for your support.