Mentored Experience To Expand Opportunities in Research
The METEOR Program is a competitive fellowship opportunity to support incoming underrepresented-in-medicine (URM) students who have been admitted to the M.D. Program and are interested in an academic research career.
The METEOR program offers students the opportunity to:
- Pursue a six-week prematriculation summer research internship with SMHS researchers. A stipend and housing are provided.
- Work with a clinical and translational researcher who will serve as a mentor during their time in medical school and beyond.
- Enroll in the Clinical and Translational Research Scholarly Concentration.
- Complete a research elective during the third year of medical school.
- Complete a second summer research internship after Year 1, with a stipend provided.
- Present and publish research projects.
Those eligible for this program (students must identify as underrepresented-in-medicine, socioeconomically disadvantaged, or a first-generation college student) will receive more information on the application process with their offer of acceptance from the Committee on Admissions. For more information on the program, please contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com.