Mentored Experience To Expand Opportunities in Research
The METEOR Program is a competitive fellowship opportunity for highly-qualified underrepresented-in-medicine (URM) students who have been admitted to the M.D. Program and are interested in an academic research career. This program is supported by the Office of Robert H. Miller, Ph.D., Senior Associate Dean for Research.
The METEOR program offers students the opportunity to:
- Work with a clinical and translational researcher who will serve as a mentor during their time in medical school and beyond
- Enroll in the Clinical and Translational Research Scholarly Concentration
- Complete a research elective during the fourth year of medical school
- Complete two summer research internships, both providing stipends:
- Present and publish research projects
Those eligible for this program (students must identify as underrepresented-in-medicine, socioeconomically disadvantaged, or a first-generation college student) will receive more information on the application process with their offer of acceptance from the Committee on Admissions. For more information on the program, please contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com.