- Health Sciences Bulletin (school policies & course descriptions)
- Code of Academic Integrity
- Guide to Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Code of Student Conduct & Other Policies
- Course Drop/Withdrawal Policy
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy — Federal regulation requires that students who receive federal aid and/or loans (e.g. Pell grants, Stafford Loans) maintain satisfactory academic progress. Students who do not meet the requirements and do not improve within one term from the time they are notified by the GW Office of Student Financial Assistance, may be at risk of losing federal aid/loans.
- Social Media Policy — includes policies that apply to all members of the university community.
- University Policies — (class attendance, EEO/Affirmative Action Statement, FERPA, military duty, religious holidays).
- Policy on Conflicts of Interest Related to Clinical Care
- Additional policies. Programs may have additional handbooks with academic and/or clinical policies specific to the major. Consult your program director and/or academic advisor.
Academic Forms (for Registration, Credits, Major)
- Complete Withdrawal — Used when a student is dropping all courses in a term and is not registering for Continuous Enrollment or Leave of Absence.
- Credit Transfer — Used to request the transfer of credit from another institution.
- Level Change Request Form — Used to correct undergraduate (01) vs. graduate (02) level designation of courses. Course level and student level must be the same in order to be counted towards a student's graduation GPA/credit hours.
- Major Change — Used to request a change of major.
- Registration Transaction Form — Used when a student cannot adjust his or her registration online in GWeb. Most commonly used for backdated registrations, or to add, drop, or withdraw from a course after the registration deadline has passed.
- Transfer Within GW Application Form — For GW students requesting to transfer to a Health Sciences undergraduate or graduate program
- Re-admission Request Form - Students previously enrolled in Health Sciences Programs who wish to resume studies in their prior degree or certificate program, may be eligible to submit a Readmission Request Form instead of re-applying if the request is made within three years of breaking enrollment.
- Appeal Form for Cases of Alleged Improper Academic Evaluation - The Appeal Form should be used for parts 1 and 2 of the appeal process.
- Leave of Absence/Continuous Enrollment Registration Form - Used when a student is requesting either Continuous Enrollment or a Leave of Absence from the institution.
Clinical Forms (for CLS, MLS, PA, & PT students)
Graduation & Certificate Completion Forms
- Graduation Application — For AS, BSHS, MSHS, OTD, and DPT degrees, apply via GWeb after registering for your final semester. The application deadlines are: October 1 for Fall, February 1 for Spring, and July 1 for Summer semesters. For eligible summer graduates who plan on attending commencement activities in the spring, the application deadline is March 15 (after you register for your final summer classes). If you missed the deadline or have questions about attending spring commencement as a summer graduate, please contact your academic advisor.
- Certificate Completion Application — Graduate and undergraduate students completing certificate requirements in the Clinical Laboratory Science, Clinical Research Administration, Clinical Translational Research, Health Care Quality, Medical Laboratory Science, Physician Assistant, and Regulatory Affairs programs, must submit this Certificate of Completion Application Form to receive their certificate. Submit to the Health Sciences Office of Student Services by the preferred deadlines: October 1 for Fall, February 1 for Spring, and July 1 for Summer semesters.
- Petition Request (general) — form used to make any special request or exception regarding academic or registration policy. Most commonly used for registration/tuition adjustment and Continuous Enrollment (CE) requests. Often used in conjunction with the Registration Transaction Form. CE applies to students who will not be registered for a course, but will be continuing work from a previous term (e.g. completing requirements for course in which an incomplete (I) or In Progress (IPG) was earned; extended clinical rotation, or continuing research). It is also used in the final graduation term if the student is not registered for any other courses.
- Petition Request (Course Drop/Withdrawal or LOA) —form used to drop/withdraw from a course or to request a "Leave of Absence" (LOA). A LOA applies to students seeking an approved break from their program of study.
Transcripts & Certifications
- Transcript Requests — Used to request official copies of GW transcripts only. If you wish to have transcripts from another institution sent to GW, please contact that institution's Registrar's Office.
- Certification Request – Used to certify enrollment, registration, graduation status, and academic standing for current students and alumni.
Personal Information Update
- Address Change — Submit this form to the University Registrar's Office to officially change your address. Current students may also login to GWeb Info System to change their address, phone, or email.
- Name or Social Security Number Change— To officially change your name or social security number with GW you must complete this form, provide supporting documentation, and submit it to the University Registrar's Office.
- Credit Card Payment — Can be used to pay tuition and other fees for distance education students only.