Current News and Upcoming Events
- The deadline to receive or show proof of vaccination this flu season is December 12th.
- Employee Health will offer vaccinations starting October 9th, Monday through Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm
- Human Resources and Employee Health have also arranged a number of special opportunities to make it more convenient to get a vaccination. Please be on the lookout for these in the hospital.
- Once completed, upload your documentation to MedHub
1) Town Hall Meeting: Thank you to all who attended our Town Hall Meeting on October 4th. Below is a brief example of issues that were brought up that we are working towards solutions to:
- Tiger Text: We are continuing to adapt and change to feedback in order to develop best use practices for TigerText in our clinical work. Some current topics of discussion are:
- adding and refining roles,
- texting through CORES,
- incorporating in hospital alerts,
- policy for "TigerText etiquette",
- discussing incorporation of medical students.
- Separating call rooms and team rooms and incorporating desktop computers.
- Solutions to delays in registration and Kaiser transfers.
- Timely consult notes
2) White Coat Cleaning: In order to provide better service to you, GW Hospital has changed the vendor we partner with for the cleaning and pressing of white coats. With our new vendor, coats will be available for pick up 48 hours after drop off. Here is the process for having your white coats cleaned:
- Drop off your coat at Environmental Services (EVS) located in the basement.
- In two days, clean coats will be hung and labeled with the date outside of EVS.
- Coats that are not picked up within 30 days of cleaning will be stored.