The SMHS Early Career Basic Scientist Research Achievement Award will recognize an investigator in the early stages of their career who has made important contributions to the biomedical sciences through their research.
This award comes with a prize of $5,000 discretionary research funding
- Faculty member of GW SMHS (including CNMC and MFA faculty) who in the judgment of the nominator has made a significant contribution to research at GW-SMHS.
- Academic rank of Assistant Professor at time of nomination
- Performed a body of research at GW
- Scholarly achievements as measured by publications, funded research, professional awards and significance of contributions to their discipline.
- Prior recipients of this award are ineligible
Please submit the following nomination materials to Sara Van Dommelen email@example.com by July 1.
- One nomination letter focusing on the candidates research track record and potential
- Candidate’s research impact statement focusing on how their scholarly achievements have fulfilled the criteria for this award
- Candidate’s curriculum vitae