The SMHS Distinguished Researcher Award is awarded annually to a member of the faculty in recognition of outstanding research achievements as demonstrated by the quality and significance of the faculty member’s biomedical and health services research. The successful candidate will have made an important contribution to biomedical research at GWU and will have contributed to the GWU community through mentoring and teaching.
This award comes with a prize of $5,000 discretionary research funding
- Faculty member of GW SMHS (including CNMC and MFA faculty) who has made a significant contribution to research at GW-SMHS
- Academic rank of Associate or Full Professor at time of nomination
- Consistent record of funded research at GW
- Demonstrated mentorship record
- International reputation as measured by publications, funded research, professional awards and significance of contributions to their discipline.
- Prior recipients of this award are ineligible
Please submit the following nomination materials to Sara Van Dommelen firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1, 2023.
- Two nomination letters focusing on the candidates research track record and contributions
- Candidate’s research impact statement focusing on how their scholarly achievements have fulfilled the criteria for this award.
- Candidates mentorship record
- Candidate’s curriculum vitae
Previous Recipients of the Award
- Dr. Qing Zeng (Clinical Research & Leadership)
- Dr. Mary Ann Stepp (Anatomy and Cell Biology)
- Dr. John van den Anker (Pediatrics)
- Dr. Fred Gordin (VA)
- Dr. Dominic Raj (Medicine)
- Dr. Anthony LaMantia (GW Neuroscience; Anatomy)
- Dr. Imtiaz Khan (Microbiology, Immunology, and Tropical Medicine)
- Dr. Norm Lee (Pharmacology & Physiology)