The GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences has more than 3,000 faculty members, including 859 full-time and 2,165 limited-service members who are committed to training the next generation of physicians, health professionals, and scientists. We boast a first-class faculty with real-world experiences who are proud to continue our tradition of quality instruction and mentoring for our students from undergraduate medical education and beyond. GW’s faculty represent a long tradition of excellent research where they continue to be on the cutting edge in five primary areas: cancer and molecular oncology, cardiovascular diseases and vascular biology, emerging infectious diseases, neurobehavioral sciences, and public health and health services.
Our faculty are passionate about teaching and eager to bring their real world knowledge and experience to the classroom.
- SMHS Rules & Procedures (Bylaws)
- Faculty Handbook
- Faculty Guide for Appointments, Promotions, and Tenure
- Faculty Code
- Incentive Plan for TT and Tenured Faculty Members in Basic Science Departments
- Faculty Development Events & Workshops
- Clinical Learning & Simulation Skills Center
- Affiliate Hospitals