Winter Weather Event: Delayed Opening for GW on Thursday, Feb. 21
[Updated: February 20, 10:45 p.m.] All of George Washington University’s campuses and education centers will be on a delayed opening for 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, February 21. This includes all offices on the Foggy Bottom, Mount Vernon, and Virginia Science and Technology campuses; the Biostatistics Center and the Alexandria and Arlington Education Centers.
For more information, visit https://campusadvisories.gwu.edu
Information specific to the GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences is below:
- First year students should follow the schedule for the day as outlined in the email sent to your class.
- Second, Third, and Fourth year MD students with clinical responsibilities are expected to report for clinical duties.*
- Classes for PA students will resume after the delayed opening.
- In geographic areas experiencing adverse weather, PA students with clinical responsibilities need to check with their clinical instructor for further instruction.
- Classes for the first and second year physical therapy students will resume after the delayed opening.
- In geographic areas experiencing adverse weather, PT students with clinical responsibilities need to check with their clinical instructor for further instruction.
- Laboratory courses in the blended program will resume after the delayed opening.
- In geographic areas experiencing adverse weather, MLS students in clinical rotations need to check with their clinical preceptor for further instruction.
Himmelfarb Library will be open at 8am on Feb. 21, 2019.
*If any students with clinical responsibilities feel that the conditions are unsafe and are not able to make it in, please let your resident, attending physician, or clinical instructor know.
Any decisions made about operating schedules for Feb. 22 will be posted on the SMHS homepage and the information will be available at 202-994-2196.