Online via Glisser
Join alumni, faculty, staff, and friends for panel discussions hosted by Dean Barbara L. Bass, MD, RESD ‘86, highlighting the continuum of translational science, from bench to bedside.
Welcome from Dean Barbara L. Bass, MD, RESD ’86
Spotlight: Patient Story
Panel: Influencing the Future — Bringing Cutting-Edge Science to the Bedside at GW Panelists
- Joseph Keith Melancon, MD, is a professor of surgery at SMHS, a general surgeon and chief of the Division of Transplantation at the GW Medical Faculty Associates, and director of transplant at GW Hospital
- Mandi Pratt-Chapman, PhD, serves as associate center director for patient-centered initiatives and health equity at the GW Cancer Center
- Henry Kaminski, MD, chair of the Department of Neurology and Meta Amalia Neumann Professor of Neurology at SMHS, has performed basic, translational and clinical research dedicated to myasthenia gravis for the last 30 years.
- Antonia R. Sepulveda MD, PhD, professor and chair of the SMHS Department of Pathology, is an expert in gastrointestinal pathology and genomic and molecular diagnostic pathology
Panel: Research to Therapeutics Notable GW Alumni who are in the field, working to innovate patient care
- Lara S. Oboler, MD ’95, is an interventional cardiologist at Lenox Hill Cardiovascular Institute and CEO and managing partner of MD Concepts LLC
- Gail Lebovic, MD ’86, is the founder and CEO of Silicon Valley Innovations, Inc.
- Brian J. Dunkin, MD, RESD ’89, serves as head of the Section of Endoscopic Surgery and medical director of the Methodist Institute for Technology, Innovation, & Education at Houston Methodist Hospital in Texas