Medical Students consistently rate their rotation in Anesthesiology as one of the top clinical experiences offered at GW. Students are paired with residents and faculty for a fast-paced, hands-on, intellectually stimulating experience.
The Society for Education in Anesthesia (SEA) has excellent resources for aspiring anesthesiologists in medical training. The website is www.seahq.org. Please click to access the medical student handbook from the SEA. Please review these resources prior to your rotation to maximize the value of your experience.
Medical Student Anesthesia Research Fellowship Program (MSARF) is an excellent opportunity to participate in research with funding from FAER. Please complete the online application. A description of the program can be found at the following MSARF link and the deadline for applications is February 1.
Other helpful links:
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Association of American Medical Colleges - Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
- List of Electives in NY/NJ with requirements for visiting students
- AMA - Fellowship and Residency Electronic Interactive Database (FREIDa)
- National Residency Matching Program (NRMP)
- Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB)
- Foundation for Anesthesia Education & Research