Congratulations on your admission to the Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Certificate program. Please bookmark this page for easy reference to important information and resources included below:
If you wish to apply for federal loans, you must submit the Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the academic year. In addition to the FAFSA, you may be required to submit supplementary documentation for federal and private loans. Students who receive financial assistance must adhere to the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements. For more information, please contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 994-9000.
The Admissions Office must have your social security number (SSN) on file before financial aid can be processed. If you did not include your SSN with your application, please contact the Health Science Admissions office at (202) 994-8528.
Login to the GWeb Info System
The GWeb Info system allows you to register for classes, pay your bill, change your address, and check your grades.
To log in to the GWeb Info System:
- Go to the MyGW portal.
- On the left-hand side, click on "GWeb Info System."
- Enter your User ID (i.e. your GWid). You can find your GWid on your acceptance letter or via GWid Look-up.
- Enter your PIN (your birthdate) in the MMDDYY format.
- You will then be prompted to change your PIN and set up a security question.
Claim Your NetID Account
Claiming your NetID allows you to create your GWMail account. Your NetID will be the first part of your email address (before @gwu.edu), and your username when signing in to Blackboard.
All official university communication will be sent to your GWMail address. You should plan to check your GWMail several times each week or forward your GWMail to another email address you check regularly. Visit Student Technology Services for forwarding instructions.
Please wait 1-2 business days following accepting your offer of admission to claim your NetID.
To claim your NetID:
- Go to the Account Management Tool Under "New to GW,"
- Click on "Claim an Account."
- Fill out the "Account Claim" form
Access your GWMail account through the MyGW portal or by going directly to the email login page.
Blackboard is the platform that will be used to augment your courses and the portal for syllabi, course-related materials, assignments, assessments, and communication features for each instructor. Your GW Blackboard account is active 24 hours after you create a GW NetID (GWMail account).
Before classes begin, students are encouraged to login to Blackboard and review the Blackboard Student Guides, which are located in the upper right hand corner of the course administration homepage. Here, students learn how to navigate the Blackboard environment through several instructional videos. Enrolled students may access these guides at any time.
The GW Code of Academic Integrity governs all students at the university and is a symbol of the commitment to academic honesty, mutual respect, and moral integrity that the GW community values and nurtures. As a new student in the university, your entry into the GW community is an agreement to these standards and principles.
Save the Dates!
- First day of Summer semester: Monday, May 218, 2020
- Memorial Day (no class): Monday, May 25, 2020
- Independence Day (no class): Friday, July 3, 2019
- Last day of Summer semester: Friday, August 21, 2020
- First day of Fall semester: Friday, Monday, August 31, 2020
- Thanksgiving (no class): Wednesday, November 25- Friday, November 27, 2020
- Last day of Fall semester: Friday, December 18, 2020
Visit the Students Resources Webpage The Student Resources webpage includes links to the following areas:
- Advising and Registration
- Paying for Classes
- Academic Resources and Policies
- Technology Support