Accelerating Learning through Easy to Use Technologies
This lunchtime session will provide faculty with examples of implementing easy-to-use technologies in order to accelerate learning. Learn about Instagram, Word clouds, Digital whiteboards, Ted Ed and more!
Tuesday, September 18, 2018 repeats Friday, October 5, 2018
Ross Hall – 12:00 – 1:30 p.m.
Generating Scholarship from Your Classroom & Clinical Teaching
This half-day workshop will provide junior faculty with information, tools, and resources to develop scholarship based on teaching and practice.
Saturday, September 22, 2018 Ross Hall – 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The Center for Faculty Excellence offers the following workshops for department meetings, grand rounds or retreats:
- Teaching on the Fly: Teaching strategies that promote powerful case-based learning experiences when time is limited
- Shaping Learning on Your Service or Shift: Teaching strategies to enhance learning across the entire service/shift and in between
- Feedback that Sticks: Techniques for giving feedback and helping those receiving it
- Being a Good Reflector & Encouraging Reflection in Others: Strategies for motivating, developing and assessing reflection
- Promoting Learning in Small Groups: Techniques for effectively facilitating and maximizing learning in small groups
- Teaching and Working Across the Generations: Strategies for teaching and working with and across different generations
- Designing Effective Didactics: Instructional design strategies to maximize learning and retention of lectures and small group sessions
- Effective Mentoring: Strategies for cultivating an effective mentor-mentee relationship
- Detecting and Addressing Learning Difficulties: Strategies for identifying learning issues and remediating learners having difficulty
- Maximizing Case-Based Learning: Strategies for effectively using cases to foster learning
To schedule a workshop, please contact Casey Tonn at email@example.com or 202-994-5607.
Educational Technology workshops are also available or department meetings, grand rounds or retreats. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- PollEverywhere (Audience quizzing and polling)
- Doceri (Drawing on Slides from your iPad while Presenting)
- Web Conferencing Tools (Blackboard Collaborate, WebEx)
- Recording and Editing Online Modules
To schedule a technology workshop, please contact Tracy Blanchard.