- Home of the GWU Nobel Laureate, Professor Ferid Murad.
- The department strives to deliver the highest quality of professional education and training, and conduct cutting edge research in the areas of biochemistry, molecular genetics and genomics with a goal to better understand human disease.
- The department continues to have a long and successful record in training undergraduate, master and graduate students at the George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- The Research Programs in the department span from cancer biology, hepatobiology, autism, vascular biology, and computational genomics. Unlocking the mysteries of biologic processes at the molecular and genomic level is the common thread connecting all research programs.
- The overall research in the department continues to connect modern biochemistry and genomic discoveries to translational medicine, leading to a unique multidisciplinary research program in biochemistry and molecular medicine.
Welcome to the Department Homepage!
The Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Medicine
Formerly known as the Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
The School of Medicine & Health Sciences
The George Washington University
Ross Hall | 2300 Eye Street NW, Suite 530
Washington, DC 20037