The George Washington University chapter of the national Alpha Eta Honor Society's purpose is the promotion of scholarship and fellowship with other allied health professionals and to recognize high achievement in and significant contributions to the allied health professions. Each spring the program directors nominate graduating students for induction into Alpha Eta based on academic achievement, leadership, and service. "Together we Serve"
The mission of the Health Sciences Student Council is to facilitate events, ideas, and change within the Health Science programs and to better the community at large. If interested joining or for more information email email email@example.com.
The GW Physical Therapy Student Organization welcomes any undergraduate student at GW who is interested in Physical Therapy as a profession or the GW PT Program specifically. Undergraduate membership includes invitation to PT Student Organization professional and social events as well as organizational meetings. If interested joining or for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The James K. Tolton Society is the GW Physician Assistant Programs' student chapter of our national professional organization, the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA). We encourage all PA students to join AAPA as a student member and take part in its many activities. Professor Barnett serves as our faculty advisor to the James K. Tolton Society and will assist you in registration, obtaining leadership roles, service activities, and establishing a National Medical Challenge Bowl team to compete at the annual PA conference. In addition, students are encouraged to participate in professional advocacy and many descend upon Capitol Hill to discuss issues confronting the PA profession with congressional representatives.
Bylaws for the James K. Totlon Student Society of the GW Physician Assistant Program, Fall 2011
The mission of the GW Ultrasound Society is to engage all faculty and students interested in ultrasound, to network with other ultrasound societies and to serve the community with awareness programs of pathological basis pertaining to ultrasound and the field of sonography. The Constitution of the George Washington Ultrasound Society and all amendments to the Constitution shall be the governing rules to be followed by the executive board, the faculty advisor, and the general body of the George Washington Ultrasound Society. If interested joining or for more information email email@example.com.
Leadership and advocacy are an essential aspect of each program in Health Science. Many of our current and former students are leaders in their communities or professions, and their contributions are recognized through awards, scholarship, or service. Health Science students also engage in classroom-based and professional opportunities to shape the debate on many issues affecting work, health, and society. While the opinions expressed by our students are their own, we are extraordinarily proud of their ability to effectively participate in important national and regional discussions.
- 05.20.13 - Joshua D’Angelo, Physical Therapy student, was awarded the 2013 GW Award.
- 05.10.13 - Jessica Osborne-Stafsnes, Clinical Research and Leadership student, published a commentary in the Journal of Participatory Medicine.
- 05.01.13 - Randall Owen, Physician Assistant student, completed an aerospace medicine rotation at NASA.
- 03.13.13 - Joshua D'Angelo, Physical Therapy student, was awarded a Mary McMilan Scholarship Award for exhibiting superior scholastic ability and potential for future professional contribution.
- 01.13 - Kelsey Young, Physician Assistant/Master of Public Health student, waselected chief delegate for the Student Academy of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (SAAAPA).
- 11.03.12 - Josh D'Angelo and Pete Tooley, Physical Therapy students were elected American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Student Assembly President and named to the Student Assembly Nominating Committee, respectively.
- 09.12.12 - Christine Boyer, Physician Assistant student, was awarded the National Health Corps Scholarship.
- 08.02.12 - Joshua D’Angelo, Physical Therapy student, received a 2012 Scholarship of Excellence award from the Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions (ASAHP).
- 07.09.12 - Maya Brown, Regulatory Affairs student, op-ed published in theWashington Examiner.
- 07.03.12 - Steve Pope, Clinical Research Administration student, editorial published in Newsobserver.
- 06.27.12 - Joanne Kellie, Clinical Research and Leadership student, op-ed published in the Methow Valley News.
- 06.15.12 - Alisa Brawley, Clinical Research Administration student, editorial published in the Roanoak Times.
- 06.10.12 - Kelsey Young, Physician Assistant student, named chief delegate for the Student Academy Board of Directors of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA).
- 06.04.12 - Guillermo Sanchez, Physician Assistant student, was named New England Journal of Medicine Scholar.
- 05.31.12 - The Physician Assistant Program student society was awarded the silver level (second place nationally) for outstanding service to the profession at the Annual Conference of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA). Student societies are judged on their advocacy, community service, public service diversity and outreach.
- 03.28.12 - Mary Compton, and Moussa Ishmail, Sonography student, both had award-winning poster presentations at the 2012 Research Day, an annual two-day event showcasing research, creative scholarship, and cultural discovery at GW.
- 02.22.12 - Mark Raaka, Emergency Services Management student, letter to the editor published in The Daily Record.