Active-duty service members are eligible for the discounted tuition rate in the following online programs:
- AS in Health Sciences
- AS in Health Sciences Laboratory Technology (for Ft. Sam Houston or San Diego MLTs)
- BSHS in Clinical Health Sciences
- BSHS or Certificate in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- BSHS in Clinical Management and Leadership
- BSHS in Clinical Research Administration
- BSHS in Emergency Medical Services Management
- BSHS in Health Intervention and Disaster Response
Eligibility for Discounted Tuition Rate
A discounted tuition rate is available for active-duty service members in our distance education Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (BSHS) programs. Please see the Tuition & Financial Aid page for more information on program rates. In order to receive this rate, your program must receive the following documents during the admission process. If your status changes during your program, please contact your GW program advisor.
For students on active-duty, we need:
(a) Copy of Enlistment Contract AND
(b) Statement from the Personnel Section (e.g. S-1 Army, N-1 Navy) providing statement of employment and end date of the enlistment contract.
For active-duty personnel who will retire or separate before they complete their program, the discounted rate is granted during the enrollment period that aligns with the contract. Students will be returned to the standard DE rate once they retire or separate.
For Reserve and National Guard who have been activated, we need:
(a) Orders for Mobilization OR
(b) Orders for Active Duty for Training (Annual Training not included)