Residents rotating to GW from other programs must provide the following documentation to the GME Office 60 days in advance of their anticipated rotation:
- Visiting Resident Information Form
- Copy of CV
- Proof of HIPPA and OSHA Compliance
- Copy of ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
- Liability Insurance Certificate from Risk Management Office (GWU must be named Certificate Holder)
- Letter from Program Director at home institution
- Letter from GW Program Director
- D.C. Medical Board Requirement
- Residents and fellows rotating to GWU who hold an unrestricted license in another jurisdiction must obtain a D.C. Medical Training License before beginning their rotation, unless they are enrolled in a military or federal residency program. The cost for this license must be paid by the rotating resident/fellow.
- Residents and fellows rotating to GWU for 90 days or less must register with the D.C. Board of Health as a Medical Training Registrant (MTR). There is no fee for the MTR.
- Criminal Background Check
NOTE: YOU MUST BE APPROVED ON THE D.C. BOARD'S WEBSITE PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF YOUR GWU ROTATION
Are you a visiting resident to GW?
Complete the form below, attach ALL required paperwork and submit no later than 60 days in advance of your start date to:
The Office of Graduate Medical Education
2300 Eye Street, NW
Ross Hall, Suite 707
Washington, D.C. 20037