RESIDENT & FELLOW WELLNESSS POLICY: In the current health care environment, residents, fellows and faculty members are at increased risk for burnout and depression. Psychological, emotional, and physical well-being are critical to the development and maintenance of the competent, caring, and resilient physician. Self-care is an important component of professionalism and high-quality patient care; it is also a skill that must be learned and nurtured in the context of other aspects of residency training. This policy outlines the responsibility of the Office of Graduate Medical Education and GW Programs to address trainee wellness.
- GME Conference topics oriented to Wellness
- Wellness-Oriented Conferences & Retreats
- Lifestyle Medicine clinical elective/selective (contact Dr. Kaylan Baban to enquire)
- Resident Wellness Committee
- Resident Running Club (also attended by faculty and staff)