GW Facilities Management is responsible for maintaining a clean environment within all buildings on campus including classrooms, laboratories, common areas and offices. The janitorial team is required to meet or exceed all university standards.
Standard Services provided by Custodial Services
Examples of services that are generally not billable to the requesting department.
- Cleaning classroom carpets and floors, and vertical writing surfaces.
- Cleaning restrooms and replenishing supplies.
- Dusting common area surfaces.
- Emptying trash and recycling receptacles in common areas.
- Maintaining common area carpets and floors.
- Vacuuming offices, empty trash and recycling containers.
- Responding to emergency clean up situations.
- Stripping/scrubbing and refinishing tile floors – scheduled twice a year.
Examples of billable services include:
- Services requested for special departmental events and functions
- Upholstery cleaning (by service request only)
Custodial Services does not:
- Clean laboratory, bench tops, countertops, sinks, or maintain sink-related items.
- Move heavy furniture.
- Move personal belongings in order to clean.
- Perform personal services.