Exposure to Diverse Patients & Pathology:
- Broad range of pathology stemming from diverse local and international patient population across all socioeconomic backgrounds.
- High volume as a tertiary center with a Level 1 Trauma Center, Cancer Center, Organ Transplant Program, and Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- Pediatric radiology training at Children’s National Hospital, one of the top children’s hospitals nationwide, with GW radiology faculty.
- Working in a variety of practice settings. The large majority of rotations are in the inpatient hospital setting. A few rotations also include outpatient radiology at the GW Imaging Center, which provides exposure to "private practice-like" radiology work environment.
Resident-Driven Training Program:
- This is a resident driven program with a low number of fellows. Residents are active participants on all services and are constantly engaged on services.
- Junior residents learn to interpret advanced scans earlier during their training given absence of large number of fellows.
- Residents learn to perform various image-guided procedures earlier during their training given absence of large number of fellows.
- Medium-sized close-knit department where residents and faculty work closely together and become very familiar with one-another.
- Residents have the opportunity for community engagement through involvement with the Mammovan, providing free breast screening services to underserved populations in DC.
- Community engagement opportunities are also present through GW, with the Healing Clinic and Rodham Institute
- Our Washington, D.C. location and proximity to Congress allow our residents to be active with the American College of Radiology (ACR), with opportunities to get involved with health care policy through participation in DCMRS and our public health rotation through the GW Milken Institute of Public Health
- Global health opportunities are available through the RAD-AID chapter at Children’s National Hospital
Other Program Highlights:
- All residents go on to highly competitive and prestigious fellowship programs around the country.