Unique Resident Camaraderie: Our program has a long tradition of resident camaraderie both inside and out of work. Our residents have created long-lasting friendships that extend beyond the hospital, resulting in regular outings and social gatherings. There are also departmental social events throughout the year, including happy hours, resident holiday party, a resident retreat, and graduation reception.
Washington, D.C. Attractions: Our hospital is situated in the heart of one of the most vibrant and culturally diverse cities in the country. Washington, D.C. is full of exciting events, historical sites, and local recreational activities. In addition, there are countless museums, world-renowned restaurants, and a variety of diverse nightlife options.
- Museums: Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, International Spy Museum, National Air and Space Museum
- Restaurants: bottomless brunches, international food, annual restaurant week
- Nightlife: Dupont Circle, U Street, Adams Morgan, Chinatown, Georgetown, pop-up bars
- Outdoor: Shenandoah National Park, Appalachian Trail, Rock Creek Park, C&O canal, US National Arboretum
- Events/Festivals: yearly H street festival, Jazz in the Garden weekly during the summer, Zoo Lights, cherry blossom festival
- Sports: Redskins, Capitals, Nationals, Wizards, D.C. United
Housing: While many residents live in Washington DC, some live in the Virginia and Maryland suburbs, with a short drive or metro commute to the various sites. GWUH is situated at the Foggy Bottom-GWU Metro stop, making for an easy metro commute. GW Univeristy off-campus housing information is available at: https://www.gwoffcampus.com/