The one-year Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medicine Certificate program at The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences is committed to preparing students to begin their careers as physicians through a collaborative and holistic approach that promotes academic success with highly personalized advising and instruction by top-notch faculty at a state of the art facility.
Of the 10 members of Cohort 1 (completed program in April 2016):
- One student was accepted by GW's MD program through our linkage and began medical school in August 2016.
- Of the remaining members of the inaugural cohort, 8 applied to medical school for entry in 2017 and 1 chose to extend her glide year and is planning to apply to Physical Therapy programs in 2018-2019 with support from the program.
- All (100%) of those who applied were invited to at least one interview.
- Seven students (90%) were admitted to at least one medical school, often their top choice, and some had multiple offers, in their first application cycle.
- One student remained on the top half of two waitlists and re-applied in the 2018 admissions cycle with support from the program. She has been admitted to medical school, bringing the success rate for Cohort 1 to 100%.
To date, of the 17 members of Cohort 2 (completed the program in April 2017):
- 14 applied in the current 2018 medical school admissions cycle.
- 13 of 14 were admitted to at least one medical school, and most have multiple offers, bringing the overall success rate for program graduates who've applied to medical school to 96%.
Results of the MCAT examination:
- To date, the average overall score on the MCAT exam among graduates, including initial scores and re-takes, is 509 (79th percentile rank).
|Medical Schools which Accepted Graduates|
|George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences||SUNY Downstate College of Medicine||University of Maryland School of Medicine|
|Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences||Dell Medical School/University of Texas at Austin||Virginia Commonwealth University/Medical College of Virginia|
|University of Florida College of Medicine||The Ohio State University College of Medicine||Western University of Health Sciences - COMP - Northwest|
|University of Central Florida College of Medicine||University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine||The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University|
|New York Medical College||University of Michigan Medical School||Rutgers New Jersey Medical School|
|Drexel University College of Medicine||Stony Brook School of Medicine||East Tennesse State University Quillen College of Medicine|
|University of Minnesota School of Medicine||Wake Forest School of Medicine||University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville|
|Rush Medical College||Georgetown University School of Medicine||Kansas City University College of Osteopathic Medicine|
|University of South Carolina School of Medicine Columbia||Eastern Virginia Medical School||Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine|
|University of California, Irvine School of Medicine||Midwestern University's Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine||Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall University|
|University of Vermont||Einstein, Albany||Quinnipiac|
|SUNY Upstate||Stony Brook University||Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine|
|West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine||Tulane University||Temple University|
|NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine||Rutgers University||McGovern Medical School|
|Texas A&M||UT-Galveston||UNC Chapel Hill|
|UT-Southwestern||University of Incarnate World||National University of Ireland. Galway|
|Loyola University||Texas Christian University||College of Osteopathic Medicine - Touro University Nevada|
|College of Osteopathic Medicine - Pacfic Northwest University||Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine||Saint Louis University|
|College of Osteopathic Medicine - Rocky Vista University|