The 2014 Pediatric Board Review Home Study (Online Course) is the perfect way to prepare for recertification. It is available from July of 2014 to October 31, 2016, providing more than two years of access.
The online course is available through a modern learning management system. The site automatically scales to any device (PC, Mac, mobile device, etc.) using any browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.).
Access to the site expires on October 31, 2016; however, many of the materials can be downloaded and viewed indefinitely.
The syllabus is available in two downloadable PDF options:
- The black and white version can be printed and is perfect for note taking.
- The color version is perfect for reviewing key topics.
Once downloaded, the files can be viewed indefinitely.
There is a print syllabus for sale for $50. It includes five bound books with the black and white version of the syllabus slides.
It is available for shipment in the United States only.
- Each of the 35 lectures presented is available as an MP3 download that can be transferred to any MP3-compatible device, including phones, iPods, and CDs.
- These files can then be played indefinitely.
- These streaming files capture the audio recordings of each lecture, synchronized to the images of the slides presented.
- While not available for download, these files are available until October 31, 2016.
Board Prep Questions and Tests
Identify your strengths and weaknesses through online prep questions and tests, including:
- 25-question pre-test
- 100 board prep questions
- 40 visual diagnosis questions
- 25-question post-test
Each test or set of questions includes detailed reports, such as:
- Your overall score
- Your overall score compared to other participants
- Your score by test category
- A detailed report of each question, answer choices, and feedback, including the answer selected
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences and the Children's National Health System. The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit for Physicians
The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences designates this enduring material for a maximum of 39.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
At the close of the course, participants will be able to:
- Compare current knowledge with information presented;
- Identify areas of weakness for further study;
- Integrate the extensive syllabus with current resources;
- Recognize the format and style of Board questions;
- Apply the test-taking experience gained through daily practice in visual diagnosis and simulated examinations; and
- Develop an approach to preparing for the board examination.
Physicians-in-Training (Residents and Fellows)
Registration Receipt & Confirmation
You will receive an automated response with your receipt and course details from AutoConfirmation@cmetracker.com, including your log-in information. You will have access to the system by the next business day following your registration. For example, if you register on a Friday, you will have access by 5 PM EST on Monday.
All sales of the 2014 Pediatric Board Review Home Study Course are final and non-refundable; however, you can register for a 7-day registration of the PBR demo to view the formatting of the materials. We recommend viewing the demo before purchasing the course. Please see the right sidebar for more information.