Winter Weather Event: Monday, Feb. 11, 2019 GW Operating Status Change Announcement
[Updated: February 10; 11 p.m.] GW will open at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, February 11 because of inclement weather in the region.
GW classes, activities and University events scheduled to start before 9:30 a.m. are canceled. Academic and administrative offices will open at 9:30 a.m. This includes Foggy Bottom, Mount Vernon, and Virginia Science and Technology campuses, Biostatistics Center, Alexandria and Arlington graduate education centers, and other locations throughout the Washington metropolitan area.
Online classes will continue to be held as scheduled during this weather event. We encourage faculty to use technology to allow classes to be held online during situations when it is not possible to hold class on-campus and and/or provide work for students to complete. Students, we ask that you check your email for class updates from your faculty and faculty are encouraged to work with students to adjust as necessary.
Information specific to GW SMHS is below:
- First year students should follow the schedule for the day as outlined in the email sent to your class.
- Second, Third, and Fourth year MD students with clinical responsibilities are expected to report for clinical duties.*
Classes for PA students will resume after the delayed opening.
- In geographic areas experiencing adverse weather, PA students with clinical responsibilities need to check with their clinical instructor for further instruction.
- Classes for the first and second year physical therapy students will resume after the delayed opening.
- In geographic areas experiencing adverse weather, PT students with clinical responsibilities need to check with their clinical instructor for further instruction.
- Laboratory courses in the blended program will resume after the delayed opening.
- In geographic areas experiencing adverse weather, MLS students in clinical rotations need to check with their clinical preceptor for further instruction.
- Himmelfarb Library will be open at 8am on Feb. 11, 2019.
*If any students with clinical responsibilities feel that the conditions are unsafe and are not able to make it in, please let your resident, attending physician, or clinical instructor know.
Any decisions made about operating schedules for Feb. 12 will be posted on the SMHS homepage and the information will be available at 202-994-2196.