The GW Biorepository presently holds a collection of over 100,000 biospecimens. This inventory represents 16 categories of AIDS-associated malignancies and controls, as well as other biospecimens pertinent to HIV, including:
- Biospecimens representing malignant and benign tumors
- Infectious and reactive processes, and control biospecimens from involved and uninvolved tissue/organs
- Representation of women and minority populations
- Pheresed biospecimens from HIV-infected patients with malignancies
- Special collections from Rwanda, Brazil, Thailand, Zambia, and Moscow
Researchers interested in obtaining specimens for study may contact the national ACSR for further information and application forms.