Transfer Credit Policy

Previously earned college-level coursework will be evaluated for transfer as elective credit. Acceptable transfer coursework must be:

  • College-level
  • Academic in nature
  • Completed at a regionally accredited institution
  • Earned with a C or better (C- grades do not transfer)

CLEP and DSST Exams

Students may take eligible credit-by-exams to complete some of the general education requirements for the Associate of Science. Students can use up to 12 credits of credit-by-exam total. GW does not accept CLEP credit for the English Composition or College Mathematics Exams.

Degree Requirements

For more information about the required general education courses, please refer to the Curriculum page.