The George Washington University (GW) School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS), Office of International Medicine Programs (IMP), will offer this unique annual opportunity for talented international students in medicine and health sciences from July 6 - August 7, 2020.
This year, the Summer Research and Medical Enrichment Program (SRMP) will be moved to a virtual platform to provide students access to medical and research enrichment opportunities with GW faculty members and gain exposure to the US medical education, research, and healthcare system. In addition, this program will provide students with workshops and activities designed to enhance students’ research, clinical, and communication skills, as well as provide individualized academic and professional advisement, counseling, and preparation. The Summer Research and Medical Enrichment Program (SRMP) provides a unique stepping stone for students motivated to pursue graduate medical education and training in the United States.
Learning objectives of the online Summer Program include:
- Gain first-hand knowledge of American medical education, research, and healthcare systems
- Gain exposure to resources and experts at an internationally recognized institution
- Gain skills in research processes, creation of scientific posters, and presentation of research through participation in a research symposium
- Obtain hands-on research experience by conducting a research project under the guidance of GW faculty
- Receive counseling on postgraduate training and network with professional contacts for future educational endeavors
- Develop strong cross-cultural skills and improve English language skills