The George Washington University (GW) School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS), Office of International Medicine Programs (IMP), will offer this unique annual opportunity for talented international students from July 10 - August 4, 2023.
After great success with the online Summer Research and Medical Enrichment Program (SRMP) for the last three years, the program will be offered virtually again in 2023. Participating students will gain exposure to the US medical education, research, and healthcare systems through workshops and activities facilitated by Medical Director Stanley Knoll, MD, FACS, and Research Director Jeffrey Bethony, MD, Ph.D.
SRMP is designed to enhance research, clinical, communication, and time-management skills, in addition to individualized academic and professional advisement, counseling, and preparation. In this manner, SRMP offers a unique stepping stone for medical students motivated to pursue graduate medical education and training (residency and fellowship) in the United States. The cost of SRMP is $2,500 per student. The learning objectives of the 2023 SRMP include the following:
- Gain knowledge of American medical education, research, and healthcare systems
- Gain exposure to resources and experts at an internationally recognized university
- Obtain research experience by formulating a clinical research proposal under the guidance of GW faculty
- Gain skills in research processes and presentations through participation in a research symposium
- Receive advisement on post-graduate training and networking with professional contacts for future educational endeavors
- Enhance the credentials of students motivated to pursue graduate medical education and training in the United States
- Develop multidisciplinary values of mutual respect, teamwork, time management, and trust centered on patient care and translational research
Please apply by April 15 here!
IMP will host a virtual webinar on February 15 highlighting the 2023 SRMP. Please register at this link to receive the Zoom information via email.