Applying for Admission
All applicants must complete the GW Online Application.
A non-refundable application fee of $80 is required. This fee is waived only for the following applicants:
- U.S. military personnel who have been on active duty within three years of submitting their application for admission
- GW alumni (those holding a GW degree or graduate certificate)
- Current degree or graduate certificate candidates at GW
- Current McNair Program Scholars (a completed Certification of McNair Program Participation and Application Fee Waiver form must be submitted with your application)
- Fall Entry: August 7
- Spring Entry: December 10
General Admission Requirements
Attach your current resume or CV. Active-duty military do not need to submit a resume - upload an unofficial JST or CCAF.
2. Official Transcripts
Please submit an official transcript from every college and university you attended, whether or not a degree was earned.
Please submit official military transcripts (e.g. JST, CCAF).
Please request electronic delivery of an official digital version to email@example.com.
The George Washington University
School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Online Processing Center
1415 W 22nd Street
Oak Brook, IL 60523
All non-U.S. transcripts (including those in English) must be evaluated by an accredited foreign credential agency.
Two letters of recommendation are required for graduate students. The recommendations must be submitted through the GW Online Application. Letters of recommendation should be from:
- Individuals who served in a supervisory capacity for you and who can strongly attest to your work ethic, and/or
- Academic instructors who can strongly attest to your academic ability
Recommendations are not acceptable from family members and friends.
4. Statement of Purpose
Please include a 250-500 word essay describing your reasons for undertaking study at The George Washington University, and your academic objectives, career goals, and related qualifications (especially your international experience), including collegiate, professional, and community activities, relevant to your program of interest. Include any substantial accomplishments not already mentioned on the application form.
5. English Language Test
Applicants who are not U.S. citizens are required to submit official test scores for either Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or Pearsons Test of English (PTE) Academic or the academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The following are the minimum scores for admission consideration:
- TOEFL: 250 computer-based or 100 Internet-based
- PTE: overall score of 68
- IELTS: an overall band score of 7.0, with no individual band score below 6.
Applicants may be exempted from the English Language Test on a case-by-case basis. The advisor should contact the Admissions Office on behalf of the student for a review. All guaranteed admission agreement students are exempted from the English Language requirement.
Non-Degree Seeking Applicants
If you wish to take an individual course offered by this program, please contact the program directly.