At the conclusion of the Hematology and Medical Oncology Best Practices Home Study course, the successful learner will be able to:
- Understand red cell disorders;
- Understand both established information and recent clinical advances in coagulopathies, anticoagulant and thrombolytic therapies;
- Understand blood and marrow morphology and hematopathology;
- Understand both established information and recent clinical advances in immunohematology, bone marrow transplantation, and hematopoietic growth factors.
- Be familiar with the diagnosis, evaluation, and management of hematologic malignancies;
- Understand the most recent advances in the pharmacology and toxicology of anti-neoplastic drugs; and
- Identify strategies for taking the board examinations.
- Understand the epidemiology of malignant diseases and management of the medical complications of malignancy;
- Recognize the latest advances in cancers of the lung, the breast, and the gastrointestinal tract;
- Understand the principles of management of gynecologic and other genito-urinary malignancies;
- Contend with complexity of HIV related malignancies;
- Recognize principles of new developments in biologic therapy of cancer.