Applying for Admission
All applicants must complete the GW Online Application.
- Spring Entry: December 10
- Summer Entry: April 5
- Fall Entry: August 7
A non-refundable application fee of $80 is required. This fee is waived only for the following applicants:
- U.S. military personnel who have been on active duty within three years of submitting their application for admission
- GW alumni (those holding a GW degree or graduate certificate)
- Current degree or graduate certificate candidates at GW
- Current McNair Program Scholars (a completed Certification of McNair Program Participation and Application Fee Waiver form must be submitted with their application)
1. Completion of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university prior to matriculation into the program
2. Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
3. Relevant work experience in health care institutions or clinical settings
Attach a current resume or CV.
Active-duty military do not need to submit a resume. Please include current orders.
Two letters of recommendation are required and must be submitted through the GW Online Application. The letters must be from:
- Individuals who served in a supervisory capacity, and who can strongly attest to the applicants work ethic, and/or
- Academic instructors who can strongly attest to the applicants academic ability
Recommendations are not acceptable from family members and friends.
Recommendations must be on letterhead and signed by the recommender. It is helpful if the recommender includes specific information addressing the applicants oral and written English skills.
6. Statement of Purpose
Please include a 250-500 word essay describing your reasons for undertaking study at The George Washington University, and your academic objectives, career goals, and related qualifications, including collegiate, professional, and community activities, relevant to your program of interest. Include any substantial accomplishments not already mentioned on the application form.
7. Official Transcripts
Submit an official transcript from every college and university attended, whether or not a degree was earned, to the following address:
The George Washington University
School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Online Processing Center
1415 W 22nd Street
Oak Brook, IL 60523
All non-U.S. transcripts (including those in English) must be evaluated by an accredited foreign credential agency.
8. English Language Test
Applicants who are not U.S. citizens are required to submit official test scores for either Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or Pearsons Test of English (PTE) Academic or the academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The following are the minimum scores for admission consideration:
- TOEFL: 250 computer-based or 100 Internet-based
- PTE: overall score of 68
- IELTS: an overall band score of 7.0, with no individual band score below 6.0
International applicants who meet the following conditions may be considered for admission without submitting TOEFL, PTE or IELTS or scores:
- They are a citizen of countries where English is the official language (as identified by GW ISO list of Exempt countries) OR
- They hold at least a bachelor degree from a country where English is the official language as well as language of instruction OR
- They hold at least a bachelor degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. regional accrediting agency
Non-Degree Seeking Applicants
For applicants who are wishing to take an individual course offered by this program, please contact the Program Director directly.
For more information about transferring in credits as an incoming student, please review the Curriculum page of the program of interest.