The GW Healing clinic will host its Sixth Annual Heel-to-Heal 5K Walk/Run on April 28. All proceeds and donations to the event will directly support the GW Healing Clinic at both our locations providing care to underserved patients in both D.C. and Maryland.
When: Saturday, April 28nd 2018
Where: C&O Canal Towpath in Georgetown (race begins at the Alexandria Aqueduct Foot Bridge)
Theme: SCRUB RUN!
Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 finishers - and raffled away!
Registration Cost: includes a free scrub top & admission to the after party!
- SMHS students: $20
- All others: $25
We will have wonderful prizes to give away throughout the race and raffles at the after-party.
- $100 gift card for 1st place
- Raffle prizes include gift cards to Floriana Restaurant, Pure Barre, Core Power, Flywheel, Picmonic, and more!
After-Party: 6PM at Nick's Riverside Grill in Georgetown
- FREE entry with race registration
- $5 for non-registered
- Prepaid food tab (to a limit)
Not a runner??? Come enjoy the beautiful spring weather and walk the course, come cheer us on, come to the after-party, or donate!
|REGISTER HERE||DONATE HERE|
In previous years the 5K has raised over $20,000, and we couldn't do this without your help and participation in raising funds! All money raised goes directly back into the services provided by the GW Healing Clinic. Help us reach our goals for this school year of: $25,000
Your Contributions will help:
- Provide more holistic patient services at our both our sites, Bridge to Care in Prince George's County Maryland and Whitman-Walker Health in D.C.
- Increase our community presence and health outreach by collaborating with a spectrum of community, academic, and institutional partners.
- Train our volunteers as future health care providers who are best prepared to advocate for the health needs of underserved patients in a constantly evolving health system.
View some photos from the 2016 Heel-to-Heal 5K Walk/Run.
If you are interested in sponsoring our event or volunteering, please contact us at email@example.com.