ISPEC is the first curriculum to be developed at the global level and offers a theoretically and research-grounded curriculum for teaching interprofessional spiritual care. This innovative training program builds on the investigators’ previous experience in developing the GWish Templeton Reflection Rounds, ELNEC Project, and online training programs. Curricular development forms the basis of a train-the-trainer program to build leaders, consultants, advocates, and knowledgeable clinicians who can educate, empower, and guide other healthcare professionals at their institute in the integration of spirituality in healthcare. The ISPEC curriculum appropriate for interprofessional pairs of clinicians (e.g. physicians, nurses, social workers, psychologists, and other professions) and chaplains, and will prepare them to attend to patients’ spiritual needs and resources as an integral part of their practice.
- Clinicians from different professions (Medicine, Nursing, Social work, Psychology, Physical therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physician Assistant, etc.) who work with patients with chronic and serious diseases are eligible to apply.
- Each organization’s team should include one clinician and one chaplain.
- Pairs of clinicians/ chaplains from Pediatrics and Geriatrics departments are also welcome to apply.
Admission into the ISPEC program will waive the costs for;
- Free Registration
- All course supplies including; syllabus, workbook, and resources
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks
- 17.25 Continuing Education Credits (CME, Nursing credit hours, CEU)
Each organization selected to attend will receive free, unlimited access to the ISPEC online course for healthcare providers of their organization for one full year !!!
*Travel cost (airfare, mileage) and accommodation will not be covered. *
Location: George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health, 950 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington, DC 20052
Participants will be selected through a highly competitive application review process. For more information about the application process, please review the Request for Applications.