The Mobile Mammography Program began in 1996 with a singular, ambitious goal: to make life-saving, early detection of breast cancer possible for all women throughout metropolitan Washington, regardless of their ability to pay.
This self-contained mobile unit travels to corporate and community sites, offering one-stop screening performed in a comfortable, convenient environment. The Mammovan is both handicapped- and wheelchair-accessible.
Women are eligible if they...
- Are age 40 and over
- Have not had a mammogram in the past 12 months
- Have not experienced breast symptoms such as a lump or breast pain
- Do not have breast implants
- Have not been treated previously for breast cancer
- Have a Primary Care Physician (Medical Doctor necessary**)
If you qualify and would like an appointment to get your screening mammogram on the Mammovan, please call 202-741-3252.
*Please have your doctor's information available when calling to make an appointment.
**Mammograms are free for low income uninsured women; we also participate with most health insurance plans.