The George Washington University (GW) Cancer Institute invites you to join us for an Ask the Expert session on survivorship care planning. Join us for presentations and interactive Q&A with three experts on survivorship care planning. Our speakers, who include a researcher, clinician, and survivor, will briefly discuss the history, evolution, and future of survivorship care planning as well as opportunities and barriers facing patients and health care professionals before engaging in a discussion with participants. This virtual event will take place on Monday, December 14 from 3:00 to 4:00pm EST. Space is limited. Register today!
Sarah Birken, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Health Policy and Management, Associate Member, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Elizabeth Hatcher, MSN, RN, FNP-BC, Nurse Practitioner, The GW Medical Faculty Associates
Liza Fues, JD, Patient Advocate, GW Cancer Institute
- Understand the history and evolution of survivorship care planning.
- Discuss the opportunities to grow and implement broad survivorship care planning.
- Identify the barriers to survivorship care planning.
- Learn about evidence-based survivorship care planning resources.
- Discuss dissemination and implementation strategies for survivorship care planning best practices.
Note: Registration is mandatory for participation. The event will be capped at 15 participants.
Monday, December 14, 2015 - 3:00pm to 4:00pm