The facility provides high quality services in cell sorting and analysis, data analysis, and instrument and software training.
The facility maintains 2 cytometers and a workstation for data analysis.
- Cell Sorter: 4-laser, 15-color BD Influx high speed sorter
• Small particle detector
• 4 nozzle size options-optimal for sorting a wide range of cell and particle sizes
• Up to 6-way sorting
• Plate with Index sorting
- Cell Analyzer: 3-laser, 12 color BD Celesta analyzer
• Automated QC
• High Throughput Sampler (HTS) compatible with 96-well and 384-well microtiter plate
- PC workstation with the latest cytometry data analysis software and educational resources
Use of the facility incurs a nominal fee. Services are billed by the quarter-hour at the following rates:
• Cell Sorting: $125/hour GWU researchers
• Cell Analysis: $80/hour assisted $45/hour unassisted GWU researchers
• Data Analysis: $95/hour GWU researchers
External Users should contact staff for usage rates
All users of the facility sign up for appointments via a google calendar. Appointments are available on a first-come, first-served basis. For access to instrument calendars please contact staff.
The core facility operates under BSL2+ conditions
All users must comply with policies and procedures as outlined by the University’s Office of Lab Safety and Office of Health and Safety.