Teaching Consult Service
The Office of Faculty Affairs is pleased to offer the Teaching Consult Service available to all regular status, full time faculty in SMHS. The program is designed to enhance faculty teaching skills in the settings where you teach most– the classroom, conferences and small groups, or clinical teaching at the bedside. An assessment of one’s teaching is important to your continued development as educators, and your teaching consult can be included in your teaching portfolio used in the academic promotion process.
In offering this service, we will utilize graduates of the Master Teacher Leadership Development Program who have offered their time to assist their peers. Faculty participation is voluntary; the assessment and any related discussions will be completed in confidence.
Faculty members interested in a teaching consult should contact Dr. Ellen Goldman (firstname.lastname@example.org or 994-4004) with the following information:
- The issue(s) they would like assistance with
- The day of the week and time their session occurs
- Any preferences regarding the person assigned to work with them
Master Teacher Leadership Development Program
Offered by SMHS in partnership with the Graduate School of Education and Human Development, the Master Teacher Leadership Development Program provides a unique opportunity for faculty in medicine and health sciences to enhance their teaching skills, pursue scholarship in education and develop their leadership potential. Learn More.
Curriculum, Course and Session Design
If you would like to have assistance with designing or revising a teaching session, course, block, or clerkship, the Office of Faculty Affairs has several people available to work with you.
- Dr. Ellen Goldman, EdD, MBA, is the Assistant Dean for Faculty and Curriculum Development in Medical Education
- Tracy Thompson, MEd, is an Instructional Designer working with Faculty Affairs and the Office of Medical Education
- The SMART Lab and IMPACT Team are available to work with PA, PT, and CRL Faculty on course and session design.
Teaching with Technology
See our Educational Technology page for resources related to teaching with technology.