The Emergency Health Services (EHS) Program will be conducting a 48-hour Paramedic Refresher Course on the Virginia Science and Technology Campus at Ashburn, VA, that meets the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) requirements for all National and Local Continued Competency Requirements, as well as the Virginia Office of EMS Category 1 requirements to recertify. In addition this course will award 3 additional hours towards Individual Continued Competency Requirements, as well as 3 hours towards Virginia Office of EMS Category 2 requirements. Didactic topics and practical exercises will be presented by senior EMS professionals and practicing physicians specializing in areas of Emergency Medicine, Trauma Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, and Anesthesia and Critical Care Medicine.
- Awards 30 hours meeting the National Continued Competency Requirements (NCCR); Airway, Respiration & Ventilation, Cardiovascular, Trauma, Medical and Operations in accordance to the Virginia Continuing Education Refresher Program.
- 15 hours meeting the Local Continued Competency Requirements (LCCR).
- 3 hours meeting the Individual Continued Competency Requirements (ICCR).
- Meets the requirement for NREMT-P to NRP transition (all transition topics will be covered).
- Completion of the 30 NCCR hours meets the “remedial training” to be able to continue to take the National Registry test.
The Paramedic National Continued Competency Program (NCCP) requires a total of 60 hours of continuing education to recertify.
- NCCR 30 hours
- LCCR 15 hours
- ICCR 15 hours
Next Course: March 5-9, 2018
Course Contact Information: