(Before September 30, 2018)
(After September 30, 2018)
|Nurses & Perfusionists||$75||$75|
|Non-GWU Residents & Fellows||$50||$50|
|GWU Residents & Fellows||Free (must register)||Free (must register)|
This event is free of charge to GWU residents and fellows.
- The first section will provide an overview of cardiogenic shock and the role of mechanical assist devices in its management. This section will discuss the placement and management of short term mechanical assist devices, such as extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), and long term mechanical assist devices. Additionally, there will be discussion of several topics pertaining to extracorporeal cardiopulmonary resuscitation (ECPR), with focus on implementation and outcomes.
- The second section will focus on management of patients on extracorporeal life support (ECLS) from a critical care standpoint. This section will discuss manipulation of hemodynamics and ventilator settings to optimize patients on ECLS for the best outcomes. Additionally, there will be discussion of the role of ECLS in right sided heart failure, pulmonary embolism and pulmonary hypertension.
- The third section will be focused on bedside management of patients of ECLS. This section will discuss different models of care, training of bedside staff, management of anticoagulation and nutrition on patients on ECLS, and challenges faced when transporting this patient population.
Notification of cancellation must be received in writing (e-mailed to email@example.com or faxed to 202-342-0314).
- Cancellations received before August 25, 2018 are eligible for a refund of 100%, less a $50 processing fee.
- Cancellations received between August 25, 2018 and September 8, 2017 are eligible for a refund of 50%, less a $50 processing fee.
- Tuition is not refundable after September 8, 2018.
Substitutions will be accepted only with written authorization from the original registrant. The cancellation policy applies to tuition only. GW is not responsible for nonrefundable, nontransferable airline tickets or hotel accommodations purchased for attendance at this course. If GW cancels this event, it is not responsible for any airfare, hotel, or other costs incurred by registrants. GW does not cancel events due to inclement weather. Speakers are subject to change without notice.