Visiting Clerkship Scholarships for Students Underrepresented in Medicine
The purpose of this clerkship scholarship is to provide underrepresented medical students the opportunity to complete an away rotation or clerkship in the dermatology department at GW Medical Faculty Associates. Its mission is the development and implementation of strategies to foster a culture of inclusion in which students, faculty and staff from diverse talent pools experience a genuine sense of belonging, engagement, and achievement. This scholarship is for UR medical students who are interested in pursuing a career in dermatology and special consideration will be given to applicants who demonstrate financial need.
Three scholarship awards for the amount of $1500 will be available to complete a rotation during September 2021 – January 2022. This funding can be used to cover travel and housing costs.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or have a permanent resident visa
• In good academic standing
• Intends to specialize in dermatology
• Submit application through VSAS
• Complete a supplemental application
• Email application and all supplemental materials to Serita Gayles at email@example.com
• June 1st 2021