Mentoring has been shown to positively contribute to the satisfaction, success and retention of faculty in academic medicine. The SMHS Mentoring Resources have been developed to assist faculty at all career stages to:
- Define mentoring and different approaches
- Find mentors, both short- and long-term, and establish a mentoring network
- Create an Individual Development Plan
- Participate in effective mentoring meetings, both short- and long-term.
- Monitor progress in a long-term mentoring relationship
The resources are intended to be adaptable, and available when and as needed, to meet the diverse needs of faculty.