November is Lung Cancer Awareness Month, an opportunity to bring attention to the fact that more people in the U.S. die from lung cancer than any other type of cancer.
Is your organization looking for ways to promote lung cancer awareness but don't know where to start? The GW Cancer Institute is pleased to announce the publication of the Lung Cancer Social Media Toolkit for November 2015, featuring messages designed to increase knowledge and awareness and prompt the public to talk to their health care providers about their risk and prevention strategies.
This toolkit is designed to help public helath professionals:
- Understand the functions and benefits of social media
- Establish a Lung Cancer Awareness Month social media strategy
- Manage social media accounts
- Implement Facebook and Twitter best practices
- Disseminate Lung Cancer Awareness Month messaging
- Evaluate social media efforts
In addition to these tips and sample messaging, the toolkit also includes an image bank of royalty free images for use in digital messaging.