Please join the Nuestras Voces (Our Voices) National Hispanic Network to Reduce Tobacco-Related and Cancer Health Disparities for its next scheduled webinar: Text Messaging Reminder Programs for Smoking Cessation and HPV Vaccination for Hispanic Communities. This webinar will provide information on how to incorporate text messaging services as a tool to help Hispanics quit smoking and to help Hispanic parents with reminders to complete the HPV vaccination series for their children. This webinar is FREE and open to all but requires registration.
According to recent data from the Pew Research Center, three quarters of Hispanics (75%) report having a smartphone and about 22% say they only use smartphones to access the Internet. Mobile devices are increasingly playing an important role in how people access health and job information and other educational content.
Webinar participants will:
- Learn about the National Cancer Institute’s Spanish language text messaging service SmokefreeTXT en Español;
- Identify ways to implement text messaging campaigns to effectively engage Hispanic communities to improve their health outcomes;
- Learn about the Nuestras Voces Network’s HPV vaccination text message reminder service.
- Erik Augustson, PhD, MPH, Lead, Smokefree.Gov Initiative and Health Scientist/Program Director In the Tobacco Control Research Branch, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, at the National Cancer Institute, in Bethesda, MD.
- Paul Baker, Senior Director for Programs, National Alliance for Hispanic Health, Washington, D.C.
Who Should Attend:
For community-based organizations, health care providers, Promotores de salud (community health workers), health educators, and public health students, and other Hispanic-serving stakeholders looking for innovative ways to support local communities stay healthy.