To successfully graduate from the program students should meet the requirements below in a timely manner:
- Complete at least 30 credits of approved courses.
- Have passed (or been exempted from) the Comprehensive Exam.
- If you are NOT doing a thesis, please inform Dr. Vanderhoek accordingly, before April 15.
If you are following the thesis option,
- You must have completed writing the thesis dissertation.
- You must have the thesis dissertation approved by your Thesis Advisor AND a Reader (note that if you are completing your thesis under the supervision of a BMM faculty, the Reader can be from the faculty of another department; if you are completing your thesis under the supervision of a faculty member who is not a member of the BMM department, the Reader has to be a BMM faculty member). Do NOT submit your thesis dissertation to the Reader until your Thesis Advisor has approved your thesis!!
- You must submit the Thesis Approval form, signed by BOTH your Thesis Advisor and the Reader, to Dr. Vanderhoek (Ross 230).
- You must submit a Hard Copy of your thesis dissertation (in a thesis binder) to Dr. Vanderhoek.
- You must submit the electronic version of your thesis to the following website: https://library.gwu.edu/etd
- The thesis submission deadlines are in; May (Spring graduation); August (Summer graduation) and January (Fall graduation).
- The final graduation requirement is to complete the MS program anonymous exit survey (Survey Monkey) and phone call/email with the student coordinator.