The C-TIPS project is a study designed to help caregivers learn to choose activities to keep their family member more active and engaged. C-TIPS is conducted through an easy and convenient online program - you do not need to keep any special appointments and can complete C-TIPS from any computer with an internet connection.
You may be eligible to participate if you:
- Are caring for a family member who has a memory problem...
- Have been providing care for at least 1 year...
- Live with or visit your family member weekly...
- Have access to a computer with an internet connection...
- Want to learn how to choose activities to keep your loved one more active...
- Are available to complete 5 online modules at your own pace requiring approximately 4 hours of time (total)
If you participate:
- A trained staff member will call to explain the study, answer questions, and determine eligibility.
- You will be given access to a website that contains all study materials.
- You will be provided with assessment materials and information to determine which activities fit your family member's capabilities.
- You will be provided with an extensive online inventory of activities.
- We will help you modify activities to meet you or your family member's unique situation or needs.
- You will receive a $10 gift card for each interview completed (a possible total of 3 interviews) as a token of our appreciation.
I have been blown away by the amount, accuracy and helpfulness of the education C-TIPS provides. I credit C-TIPS as inspiration to continue to strive to make mother's life as meaningful as possible and to become a more patient, understanding, organized and educated CG for my mother.
C-TIPS has helped me realize the necessity of approaching the critical job of caregiving from a different perspective. CTIPS has energized me, my family and my support group.
C-TIPS will remain available for use while it is being revised. The next step is to submit C-TIPS to a more rigorous test with a larger sample and a control group. Dr. Corcoran will seek further funding for this purpose.