School of Medicine & Health Sciences
- Counseling Services: GW GME offers , 24/7 counseling support for trainees, free of charge for the first 4 visits plus an intake evaluation. Review the Policy on Resident Counseling Services.
- UME "The Well": The Well is brought to you by the Wellness Committee whose members include GW medical students from each class, faculty, staff, and student affairs deans. Visit Website.
- Policy on Resident No-Shows for Scheduled Work Hours
- Himmelfarb Library Wellness Apps
- Lerner Health & Wellness Center
- GW Wellbeing Hotline: toll-free at 866-522-8509 or go to website. Services are confidential and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The GW Wellbeing Hotline is a one-stop-shop for help with personal issues, planning for life events, or simply managing daily life. This program is available to all Residents and dependents up to age 26. Household members are also eligible for these services, provided through Aetna Resources for Living, at no cost.
The following services are available:
Work-Life Solutions: Wellbeing Hotline specialists will do the research for you, providing qualified referrals and customized resources for child and elder care, moving and relocation, making major purchases, college planning, pet care, home repair, and more.
Confidential Counseling: This no-cost counseling service offers up to 5 counseling sessions per issue per year to help you address stress, relationship and other personal issues you and your family may face. It is staffed by highly trained master’s and doctoral level clinicians who will listen to your concerns and quickly refer you to in-person counseling and other resources for stress, anxiety and depression, relationship/marital conflicts, problems with children, job pressures, grief and loss, and substance abuse.
Financial, Legal and Identity Theft Resources: You and members of your household have access to legal, financial and identity theft professionals who can help resolve issues and concerns that may arise in your life.
- Care Network: A GW community support system to report and seek assistance for students and residents in our community struggling with anxiety/depression, stress, bias, family, financial, medical, sexual assault, social, substance use/abuse, suicidal ideation or other concerns. Click here for a Care Network report form.
- Health Advocate: GW trainees have free, unlimited access to the nation’s leading independent healthcare advocacy and assistance company, a special benefit to help you personally resolve your healthcare and insurance issues. This service helps you: find doctors, clarify insurance plans, untangle medical bills, estimate procedure costs, and more. Call 866-695-8622 to speak with a Personal Health Advocate. Visit Website.
- Smoking Cessation Program: 100% free program participation, inclusive of medication support, phone-based coaching, text messaging and web-based learning. Visit Website.
- Healthy Pregnancy Program: If you or a partner is in GW’s Health Insurance Plan, you can sign up for this program, providing 24-hour access to nurses, 1:1 support. Call 1-888-246-7389, or visit website.
- Sexual Assault/Harrassment: GW Haven is GW's centralized website designed to bring together on-campus and off-campus resources, options, information, and access to help regarding incidents of harassment and abuse. Visit Website.
- The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- CRISIS chat – text HELLO to 741-741
- Medically Induced Trauma Support Services (MITSS)
- ACGME Physician Well-Being Resources
- American College of Emergency Physicians: Wellness